My mandala in art class taken in 2008

My mandala in art class taken in 2008

Sleepy kitties (left to right = Precious Angel and Tiger taken in 2008

Sleepy kitties (left to right = Precious Angel and Tiger taken in 2008

My mom's plant "Dusty" from work. Taken 12/15/09

My mom's plant "Dusty" from work. Taken 12/15/09

Elysian (AKA "Heavenly") peace!!! 12/15/09

Elysian (AKA "Heavenly") peace!!! 12/15/09

Me having a FUN holiday season. taken on 12/15/09

Me having a FUN holiday season. taken on 12/15/09

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Healthy Exercising

Hello. It seems that I've taken the first step to losing weight, and that's watching my diet. Although all doctors say "Eat plenty of dark green leafy veggies, I do not like veggies except for potatoes and corn. However, I tried to cook spinach and cooked it with chicken broth and when I ate it, it tasted like nothing, only chicken broth. But if I eat a whole spoon full at once, I'll taste a mushy feeling in my mouth, and throw it up. I'm taking a multi-vitamin and encourage everyone to do so too. There's "Centrum Mature", "Centrum Performance" w/ lots of B vitamins for energy.
The next step after dieting is, exercising. The #1 form of exercise to lose weight is "walking". Why? Because you're using your whole body for it. Running puts a toll on your heart, but walking is what doctor's recommend. I don't like going to a gym, but I love walking around nature in my neighborhood with my mom and sometimes dad. There's a park with a walking trail that leads to a busy street, and that's what my mom and I call the looooong walk. But, my mom and I took a even longer walk from my house to the library and took the long walk home. I felt incredible. Sometimes you have to test yourself and do something you may not think you can do, and think is not important in your life.
It's a proven fact that "In order to give your best to help others, your health comes first!". I'm not meaning be lazy, but even if it's hard to brush your teeth before you go to sleep, do it anyway to keep healthy.
Another good way to exercise is bring out the dance music CDs and spend 30 mins dancing in front of your TV with no one around.
WARNING: Do NOT go walking in a bad area. Even in safe areas, it's recommended you walk with a group. Take a tree branch, cane, or alarm with you to protect yourself. Tree branches and canes can ward the dogs off. If your neighborhood is not safe, I advise you to join a gym. Another thing you can do is look into buying used exercise machines. My guess would be you can find them on www.craigslist.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment