My mandala in art class taken in 2008

My mandala in art class taken in 2008

Sleepy kitties (left to right = Precious Angel and Tiger taken in 2008

Sleepy kitties (left to right = Precious Angel and Tiger taken in 2008

My mom's plant "Dusty" from work. Taken 12/15/09

My mom's plant "Dusty" from work. Taken 12/15/09

Elysian (AKA "Heavenly") peace!!! 12/15/09

Elysian (AKA "Heavenly") peace!!! 12/15/09

Me having a FUN holiday season. taken on 12/15/09

Me having a FUN holiday season. taken on 12/15/09

Monday, December 28, 2009

MY PLANS THIS NEW DECADE & ELYSIA RECOMMENDS...

Hello. How was your Christmas? How are you planning on spending the new year? Any plans for 2010? I didn’t have much to spend this year, but I wisely shopped and got everyone a present. Even though my family and I had to watch our budget, I had a very merry Christmas. I know next Christmas will be our best yet. I finally finished my rented book “Success For Dummies” by Zig Ziglar. I’m a BIG fan of his and have his latest book which is better than “Success For Dummies”. He uses God in his book constantly. I was not born yesterday, so I read to find useful lessons and discard the bad. I lost my notes to the book “You The Smart Patient”, so I’m making everyone in my fam a Medical Record binder at home. Some people don’t like getting “For Dummies” books, but why find a hobby and get a difficult book to learn from when you can find lots of useful information that you understand? Thanks to Zig, I made up a daily schedule, I’m calling my friends, I’m taking some classes. His second book says “One Year Daily Insight by Zig Ziglar”. Another person I’m a fan of is Joel Osteen who is minister of a arena sized church in Texas. I read his first book and took notes, it’s called “Become A Better You”. His latest which (I’m on the second chapter) is called “It’s Your Time”. For some fun ideas to keep happy, check out “100 Simple Secrets of Happy People” book. I’m going to read soon “What’s Age Got To Do With It” by Robin McGraw who’s Dr. Phil’s wife. After that, it’s “Merck Manual of Health & Aging” which gives caregivers info. I’ll have to come back and give all some websites on caregiving. Yes, I’m reading this so one day I can take best care of my parents and keep them happiest. Yes, I know my sibs will pitch in and help, but if I had sibs with a cold heart, I’d gladly do it all by myself. These books are recommended to you by me to keep you merry.
If you haven’t visited some of my fave sites, check out : www.beliefnet.com, www.joelosteen.com, www.ehow.com, Yahoo! Answers, www.cosmopolitan.com, www.craigslist.com, www.cnn.com, www.kcra.com
I hope you like the pic of the 5 foot Santa Clause. I got him from Costco a few years back. My brother likes dressing him up to look like a mannequin in our garage as people pass by. He puts a hat on him, gloves, and shirts sometimes just to name a few.
So, any plans to make 2010 a year of new goals? My plans are to keep healthier, trying to make my family happiest, keep my fam healthiest, respect my family’s rules and wishes, keep surprising my family with kind gestures to keep life fun for them, follow through with my promises (the top one being “being a practicing Christian” by “Being a kinder person”), helping out my others when they need help, spending time with my friends and future friends, being a expert at managing money, reading all beneficial material (e. computer programs, my current book “Anatomica”, & other “how to” books,and pamphlets in the doctor’s office, magazines in the waiting room & etc…), , watching educational shows only on TV, listening to commercials to see if I want any of those products and/or deals, A lesson I learned from one of my books is, don’t just say “I want to be a better daughter”, but be specific. I plan to take my GED test in 2010, go to school @ the non-ghetto adult education center (yay! Lots of Russian guys around! ;o) to learn math and go to school there for the Microsoft Office class to learn Power Point & etc. Anyway, these are some things out of more that I want to do. But let’s do one thing @ a time.

Anyway, Ima party like it’s 2009 in my pajamas w. Doritos Cooler Ranch chips, popcorn, pickles, and dinner. Oh, one other thing, I’m back with my boyfriend I met in late May of this year. I haven’t been to church in awhile, but I plan to go this week to my man’s church. It’s a Baptist church, but I arrive there at 9:15 AM even though church doesn’t start until 11 something because of bible study. It’s a lot of fun.
So, let me know, what goals are you taking head on this new decade? Any recommendations of books, websites?...

No comments:

Post a Comment